Tomato ketchup fried rice with omelette (kid’s omurice). Omurice is a classic Japanese Yoshoku recipe, savory chicken ketchup fried rice wrapped in a thin layer of egg. Omurice is a popular contemporary Japanese fusion creation blending Western omelette and Japanese fried rice. It's usually enjoyed at home but also can be found at many.
With a fluffy omelette covering a bed of savory sweet chicken fried rice, omurice (オムライス) is a modern If you're anything like me and secretly enjoy covering your scrambled eggs in ketchup, then you'll love Omurice. With sweet and savory chicken and tomato fried rice on the inside, and the. Omurice is an omelet wrapped around fried rice and topped with ketchup. You can cook Tomato ketchup fried rice with omelette (kid’s omurice) using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato ketchup fried rice with omelette (kid’s omurice)
- It’s of Cooked rice.
- You need 2 of Frankfurters.
- You need of Peas.
- It’s of Tomato ketchup.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need of Chives (optional).
It's a perfect example of Western influence on Japanese cuisine. This dish is most commonly made with chicken, which is stir-fried with rice and ketchup. But there are many variations including using other meats and. The rice is fried and flavoured with tomato sauce, but the omelette is fluffier than a classic omurice and not cooked through, so when you slice it through the middle, it oozes on the rice.
Tomato ketchup fried rice with omelette (kid’s omurice) instructions
- Add a little oil to your pan and heat it up. Cook the frankfurters and peas. Scramble 1 egg and add it to the frank and peas and add the cooked rice and fry it all up..
- Transfer the fried rice to a bowl and add in ketchup and mix it all up until it’s combined. The kids love the taste of ketchup, so I give it a taste test to make sure it’s coming through. You’ll know if you’ve put in too little..
- Spoon some fried rice into a bowl (mould), put a plate on top and flip it all upside down and remove the bowl..
- Scramble the remaining 2 eggs and add a pinch of salt. Make a thin omelette. Add the omelette on to the fried rice. I leave my omelette ever so slightly runny to give it glossy finish and it tastes better than a dry omelette..
- Add a little chive garnish (optional) and at this point, you can try and draw with ketchup and it’s ready to serve..
His recipe involves frying sushi rice with pork belly, sansho pepper, and otafuku sauce, instead of tomato sauce. Japanese Omelette-Topped Ketchup Fried Rice With Chicken (Omurice). For those unfamiliar with omurice, it's a Japanese invention that combines an omelette with fried rice. You'll often hear it referred to as omuraisu (a contraction of the words omuretsu and raisu, the Japanese pronunciations. Omurice is one of the most popular yōshoku dishes; it combines Japanese fried rice with the French omelette-making technique and American ketchup or gravy.