Mediterranean Red Rice.
You can cook Mediterranean Red Rice using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Red Rice
- It’s of uncooked brown rice.
- Prepare of breast chicken, diced.
- It’s of Mediterranean flavour paste.
- You need of lemon.
- Prepare of red peppers, chopped.
- It’s of onions, chopped.
- You need of mild chilli powder.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Mediterranean Red Rice step by step
- Gently cook your red peppers, onions, chilli powder, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp ground pepper. Stir occasionally and let them sweat down for at least 30-40 minutes..
- When the veg is lovely and soft, remove from the heat and blitz in a food processor to form a textured purée. Add it back to the pan and add 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice. Taste it now and add more seasoning or lemon juice if you’d like to..
- Wash the rice then cook it in 500 mls boiling water. Stir once then leave the lid on and simmer for 25-30 mins until tender..
- In a clean frying pan, fry your chicken until it is just cooked. Add 3 tbsp of your flavour purée and let the chicken cook for a few more minutes. Stir in your drained cooked rice and serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon..