🥘🍝Masoor Pulao🍝🥘 (Whole red lentil rice).
You can have 🥘🍝Masoor Pulao🍝🥘 (Whole red lentil rice) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 🥘🍝Masoor Pulao🍝🥘 (Whole red lentil rice)
- It’s 2 of & 1/2 cups Basmati Rice (soak 1hr).
- Prepare 1 of cup- whole red lentil (masoor daal).
- You need 1 of medium sized Onions thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 of Tomatoes, chopped finely.
- You need 2-3 of whole red dried chillies 1 tbsp Ginger, Garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste(optional).
- Prepare 2 of star anise 5 cloves.
- You need 8-10 of black peppercorn 2 bay leaf.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick 1/3 cup Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of white or black cumin seeeds 1tsp Salt or to taste.
🥘🍝Masoor Pulao🍝🥘 (Whole red lentil rice) instructions
- Wash and soak masoor dal in a water for 3 to 4 hours or overnight before you use it for the pulao. Heat oil in a pan on a medium flame. Add onions cook untill golden brown now add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, black peppercorns, cumin seeds, star anise with salt, turmeric and red chilli powder mix them well..
- Add ginger, garlic paste,red whole dried chillis and sauté for few seconds Add water along with tomatoes and allow it to cook till the water evaporates. Add the drained masoor dal and rice to the mixture with 2 cups of water or as required..
- Once the water evaporates, cover it with a lid and allow it to cook for another 5 to 7 minutes. Your delicious masoor pulao is ready to served with raita and fresh salad..