Taiwanese pan-fried mixed rice noodles with seafood. Thin rice noodles are pan-fried with pork and slivered vegetables. [Photograph: Cathy Erway]. Perfect for feeding a crowd or fixing a solo meal on the fly, this simple home-style Taiwanese noodle-and-vegetable dish may look bland, but hidden within are layers of flavor, thanks to plenty of white pepper. Thin rice vermicelli noodles are stir-fried with pork and vegetables in this traditional Taiwanese Tsa bi whun literally translates to 'fried rice noodles'.
But make sure you heat the wok enough with oil (as in this pan-fried recipe) before putting in noodles. Besides, constant tossing and cooking fast may also. This easy fried rice noodle recipe is a Thai favorite around the world. You can have Taiwanese pan-fried mixed rice noodles with seafood using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Taiwanese pan-fried mixed rice noodles with seafood
- It’s 125 g of Rice noodles.
- You need 1 of quarter White cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- You need 2 of Spring onion.
- You need 1 stick of Celery.
- Prepare 6 of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s of Some Coriander.
- Prepare 1 slice of Bacon.
- It’s 300 g of Mixed Seafood.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Dried prawn.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of Crispy-fried onion.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of White peper.
- You need 1.5 Tablespoons of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Black vinegar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Shallot Sauce.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Oil.
- Prepare 250 g of Broth.
- You need 250 g of Water.
It also can be made gluten-free and vegetarian or vegan if you desire. Mix together cornstarch with soy sauce until well combined. To serve, lift noodles out of the wok or frying pan and mound in a bowl or serving platter. Chinese pan fried noodles, topped with stir fried seafood and vegetables.
Taiwanese pan-fried mixed rice noodles with seafood step by step
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms until they are softer and then slice them. Chop all the other vegetables..
- Place shallot sauce and oil in a pan. Add in all the vegetables (apart from coriander) and dried prawn..
- Add in broth and water. Then bring it to boiled..
- Add in the rice noodles. Steam the rice noodles with the lid on until all the liquid absorbed by the noodles..
- Use a scissors to cut the rice noodles shorter. Then add in soy sauce and some salt..
- Mix in bacon and seafood. And then add in black vinegar and white pepper.
- Add in crispy fried onion..
- Sprinkle some fresh chopped coriander. Enjoy. 😋.
You can add any vegetables you like, I just used what I had on hand. Add remaining cornstarch mixed with a little water to thicken broth. Pour over noodles and serve hot. Over the years, this fried rice has secured its place as my go-to comfort food. In fact, it's become my Chop all vegetables finely.