Ghee rice. Ghee rice is mildly flavored with desi ghee, basic spices like cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves. Ghee rice is made all over South India with slight variations. Ghee rice recipe with step by step photos – ghee rice is an aromatic and delicious one pot rice recipe made with ghee and spices.
This recipe is not just about mixing ghee in steamed rice but for preparing more. Today lets learn ghee rice ,which is very easy recipe made at occatation ,hear we used simple aromatic mildly spiced , ghee rice is quit easy to make. Ghee rice recipe is a fragrant, subtly spiced special rice among the variety rice items of India. You can cook Ghee rice using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ghee rice
- You need 4 cups of basmathi rice.
- You need 5 cups of water.
- It’s 4 of tblsp of pure ghee.
- It’s of Onion 1 (red,big) sliced.
- You need of Tomato 1 sliced.
- You need of Garlic & Ginger paste 2 tblsp.
- You need of Cinnamon stick 1.
- It’s 1-2 of Star anise.
- Prepare of Raisin.
- You need of Cashew nuts.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Laden with clarified butter, caramelized onions, aromatic spices, nuts and coriander leaves. Ghee rice also known as neychoru is one of the most simplest and easiest recipe. It is a flavorful dish prepared with rice, ghee and spices. While cooking Ghee rice, the aroma from the spices and the rice roasting in the ghee will spread all over the house in no time and everyone will be seen taking in a few deep breaths.
Ghee rice step by step
- Heat ghee in pan/pot. Roast cashew & raisin in ghee (Keep aside for later). Add onion,star anise,cinnamon. Fry until onion turn in golden brown.
- Add garlic & ginger paste, tomato. Stir and cook untill the oil breaks.
- Add salt & washed clean basmathi rice. Add roasted cashew nut & raisin. Stir & Mix well. Add 5 cups of water. Transfer the rice mix into electric cooker..
DIRECTIONS Heat the ghee in a saucepan which has a tight fitting lid. Add the rice and fry for a few minutes, stirring until it is golden in colour. Ghee rice is that perfect rice meal that you can make anytime and relish without making much efforts. Mostly, it is served with raita, ghee rice is an interesting lunch/dinner recipe. Soothing yet flavourful, the Ghee Rice combines beautifully with elaborate subzis and dals enhancing their appeal and giving them the attention they deserve.